Sunday, October 3, 2010

2010 October LDS General Conferences

So many things are said during General Conferences. For me, the time between Fall Conference and Spring Conference seems like a very long time, yet between Spring and Fall seems to come along faster. I didn't want General Conferences to be over today. I wished they were ten hours each day, this weekend. I needed that spiritual food.

I am very grateful for technology. I love that I can go back and watch Conference talks the same evening. I can clarify questions that arose, or re-listen to a sentence that felt it was said just for me. That, for me is a very good thing, for a couple of reasons.

I need too. I came away more disturbed today, than I did uplifted. I need to prayerfully go back and listen to every talk, especially one. I need to make sure I did not misunderstand what a certain GA said.

It's late now, and I want to be clear headed and feeling at peace. I need to go have prayer and read my scriptures and sleep.

I will follow President Monson's admonition:

"The 3 R's of Choice - the right, responsibility and result."

"Next to the bestowal of life itself, the right to direct that life is God’s greatest gift to us."

No comments: