Sunday, July 13, 2008

Moving Forward


I have been thinking a lot of starting a blog which includes my LDS personna, who I am inside. I have been a sports writer and blogger for years. I write and research constantly. I am online more than I am not. My LDS-ness does not show in my writing.

What has been bothering me is I spend more time thinking about writing about NASCAR, than I do about The Gospel. Who is my God? Am I putting Him above all else? He has provided me with so much...so many blessings and a talent that allows me to be creative, stay at home, and do what I love to do.

I can at least give Him as much time as I give NASCAR.

And so I shall.

Do I care that anyone reads what I write here? Not particularly, but yes, in some ways. I recently left an abusive marriage, and I know there are many LDS and non member woman dealing with the same, whether they are, or are not, still in the relationship. Bringing emotional and physical abuse into the Light is something I truly feel the Lord has called me to do.
We all have been created to be Goddesses. He loves us. He want us to honor ourselves as He does.
That is what this blog will be about. The role of The Gospel in our lives and developing a more loving relationship with ourselves, so we can truly love Him more.


No comments: